Friday 25 September 2009

The Moofa Brunch

Well the aftermath of the Volleyball Grandfinal came the next day when I booked in to see the doctor later this day. Had a crap nights sleep with my pinched nerve in my neck sending lots of tingling up and down my arm, and I could not lie on my other side because of the logistics of my swollen dicky knee and boysenberry shaded arse. As my hobble hobble seemed to be ok, I did not want to push it by driving, so I decided to ride shotgun in the Silver Bullet with Mustang, and mount up with the crutches when we got back home after Moofa Brunch. To be perfectly honest the nurofen plus deadened any discomfort the dreaded knee was displaying, so to refrain from wielding the dreaded crutch as a weapon against any insignificant grievances – like my coffee isn’t right!, I could wait until later.

So, driving along we go for curd far, far a-whey............... and Blokey Man rings the Missus, protesting profusely that we have left the house so early... what’s the rush, there’s no scrapbooking there? DOH! Like we have assets to cultivate, plans to make, coffee to drink.. He is keen to let it be known that the cult is steadily growing with new members, and said new member was presently texting ETA’s of the Silver Bullet, and a steady critique of the drinks menu.... At this very time, the rooster did crow and the Mustang engages hands free chomper connection with the Deputy Grand Pooh Bah. Much confusement abounds from the testosterone on the phones, and we quickly engage Bugger-Off buttons of disconnection, and warp it towards destinations of the mighty Moofa Brunch.

After passing a sleigh and a rabbit, we arrived at the House of Moofa to find a very cold Beaver, quite contrary to all former visual confirmations of muffy warmness ... She was indeed entranced upon the arrival of the afternoon papers to send us advanced warnings of weather alerts. Alas, there we were, the very sight of bursting responsibility and punctuality...

Much bonding of scrap-phernalia ensued, with an outpouring of albums and technique tips. There were gifts and sharing, and stories to tell. Beaver got an exclusive peek of the recently stamped and pocketed Eldy Scrapologist’s new aprons, only just released from the studio’s of the Stamping Queen of the Desert. Plans were being set for the retreat next year, and ideas hatched. Before long is was time for Mustang to embark upon her journey far, far, far, far away to another coming together-ness for Scrappers. It was time to breakout the digi and capture some really beautiful photos of this very special occasion.... Oh, did I say “beautiful??”, what I really meant to say was “lets see how much gig we can use up on that memory stick with photo after photo of laughing and giggling and face-pulling and non-smiling and pointing and poking......” Do you really want to see what we got out of that lot? OMG........ I should have snapped a few of the Moofa while I was there..... I think next time I’ll just go for the buttons....

So, amuse the Moofa staff we did with photogenic phobias, and bid the Beaver farewell until we are once again drawn together by the Moofa.....

No comments: