Friday 14 November 2014

B&W Photo Challenge - Day 5

Well today is the 5th and last day of my photo challenge, a black & white photo every day for five days. Once you upload you then get to nominate someone else to play along, and on this day I have nominated Sue Stringer.

Well another day in the desert and how appropriate is this first photo? It reeks of all things hot and dry and sandy, but not a camel in sight!  This old palm has been around for quite a while, and whilst there was heaps of bright light shining down, the shades in the B&W photo are quite effective.  A couple of different angles change the lighting considerably, and I really like both views.

Old mate Cobba might look like he's been confined to desert detention, but he's pretty happy there guarding his abode and those in it.  Now putting on a few years the Ol' Fella is filling out, greying up, and most considerate of the Little Fart in his territory.

A little rustic, a little cottage, and the last two photos are well suited to the adornment of weatherboards.  Fully in character, the old lantern is clearly missing a few bits but still manages to give the feel of a working light with the suns rays setting a background shadow.  Diffusing the foreground of this shot is a spray of lavendar.

Moving along the weatherboards just a little, we have our gorgeous little concrete figurine nestled into the centre of a small topiary tree, and surrounded by a sway of cottage foliage.  The B&W photo of this image has much more character for me, looking perhaps a little more aged and serene.  An interesting contrast of images from the desert.

So here is my upload for Day 5.






With the Photo Challenge now over, I think I've found my Clickity Click again.  It's interesting how you can see so much more when you're put to a challenge like this.  The things I've seen in such a small proximity of each other, and the diversity of the subjects has enlightened me a little.  I'm sure I'll be doing more posts soon.
Clickity Click - Happy Days
jw

No comments: