Saturday 20 June 2009

My 50 Things.............

Well, I have been pretty excited about my new online scrapbooking forum. They have heaps of different forums and challenges and competitions. Getting to know all the girls I'm heading off to retreat with in August has been really interesting - they are a hoot!

I have also become (online) aquainted with another member who is one hour away from me, and she will be on the same flight as me for Retreat. This is great, as we are both going on our own. It is also great because this particular girl has only been scrapping for 3 months, and i cannot believe the quality of her work!!!! Only 3 months, and she has submitted 3 layouts for submission already!!! I cannot wait to meet her in the flesh.....

One of the forums they have going is a "50 Things About Me", where you just go open slather about anything and everything about yourself. As everyone operates under a forum name, it's like getting to know new people when you see their posts. I have really enjoyed reading through these posts, and today saw the one from my (online) aquaintance one hour away. I was almost speechless when i read her post, we have SO much in common is isn't funny!! Well, this got the better of me, and i am now sharing my post that was uploaded earlier tonight. (I think I am very brave somehow.............)

So, for those of you who drop in for a quick update or a check in, or simply just surfing - how well do you really know me??????????????

  1. My name is Janet ............
  2. I am 46, and a Leo
  3. My partner is Italian, and is 47.
  4. We have two boys, 14 and 13.
  5. We have one dog (Shady), who loves the water, one cockatiel (Skitz) and one budgie (Zac).
  6. I have always been a cat person, but will not have another one whilst living here so close to the road..
  7. I was responsible for our other budgies flying the coop......... (Jimmy and Psycho) ....(not intentionally..)
  8. I have a witty sense of humour.......... (Zac is short for ProZac!!)
  9. I am the 5th of 6 children; the youngest girl. (g,b,g,b,girl,b)
  10. My mother passed away when she was 47, with amnesia – that was hard
  11. My PND wasn't picked up until after my second child.
  12. We separated for some time, then got back together - it was a struggle for us both
  13. We are moving on with our lives and happy as a family – in our own disfunctional way!!
  14. I LOVE coffee............ mostly in cafe's with a good book or scrapping mags
  15. I also LOVE a good wine most nights, or a not so good wine, or just a “that'll do” kind of wine, but anything more than good usually ends up in more than one glass.........
  16. I love to read, (my sister says I am a prolific reader) and I cannot sleep unless I have at least looked at the pages with the words on them........ even when I'm dead tired.
  17. I love seeing my friends, and having friends around for barbies
  18. I have few friends that I will open up to, as I regard true friendship as very sacred
  19. I backpacked around the world on my own for 3 months, going to USA, UK, Ireland, Scotland, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Netherlands.
  20. I have done hot air ballooning, skydiving, bungee jumping, parasailing, white water rafting, trekking in New Caledonia, the Grand Canyon, Yosemite and our own Alpine tracks, and 4WDriving with Blokey Man (probably the most scariest...)
  21. I love rain and thunderstorms, and walking along the beach
  22. My emotions have never been the same since having kids
  23. I have loved horses and riding since I was a child, and bought my English teacher's horse when I was 17.
  24. I stopped riding and gave up my horses when I was single with 2 youngsters on my hips....
  25. I would like to get married, the boys want us to get married.
  26. We are looking at buying a property OUT OF TOWN - I SO want to be out of town
  27. I love trees, it has lots of trees....and lots of birds....
  28. I will have room for a veggie garden and chooks!!!!
  29. The boys will have room to ride their motorbikes
  30. I will have room to ride their motorbikes...
  31. I can have a cat.... or two
  32. It has a “craft room with full window views!!” ................... “beautiful views...........”
  33. I love this property, and SO hope we can make it work....
  34. I work in administration and finance, and have just found a new part time job, with no stress (so far!)
  35. Small town crap gets me down.
  36. I love my camera and my computer (they go 'almost' everywhere with me..). My computer has taken me to new and exciting Forums far, far, away.... and yes I'm happy about it!
  37. I played netball since I was 5, and have always had weak ankles (....because of playing netball since 5..)
  38. I had my first knee bingle on my 40th birthday, with my son watching, totally impressed that my knee went backwards........ doh! (It was a great stretch though....)
  39. I had my second knee bingle at 44 playing basketball. (nothing great about thumping to the ground playing a sport you are hoping will help you get fit and lose some weight.........)
  40. I took up refereeing the kids games (I think I am running more, and feeling better, and not thumping the court with anything more than my runners!!). Blokey Man keeps reminding me that i am not 19 anymore, but says I am a good referee (and I just respond by holding up the mirror!.........)
  41. I had my motorbike licence first, my bike was a 250 Honda trail bike, I took it to Melbourne for work.
  42. My first car was a rebuilt 1962 VW Beetle, with flared guards and fat wheels..... My current vehicular love is my 2003 Mazda6 sedan, and I SO love this car...
  43. I am a hoarder, all things paper and craft................ you just might need it one day........
  44. I am discovering writing, have a bit of a knack for it but not sure where it's come from...
  45. I love watching TV: Brothers & Sisters, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, Private Practice, Boston Legal and any ABC Murder Mysteries.
  46. I have been crafting for years, mostly cards, and started scrapping several years ago. My closest friends all scrap, and we hold our own weekend retreat twice a year. I will never be a fast scrapper.
  47. Blokey Man takes my albums to soccer to show everyone (but doesn't tell ME!!)
  48. He built me a room in the garage for all my cruff (craft stuff) and to scrap in, it has power, a stereo and a flat screen TV with inbuilt dvd player...........
  49. And all I really wanted was some ring bling................. (and maybe the room...)
  50. I believe that everything happens for a reason, ................even when you can't see it at the time.

So how did you go? Learn anything new.............. Funny thing is you think 50 things to write about yourself is going to be pretty hard, but when you get to the end you think "Oh no, I haven't said this or that yet...." This would be a great thing to do every couple of years just to recap where your life is at. I wonder how different it would be?

Jaywhat

No comments: